Saturday 4 August 2012

Walking on Sunshine

At my job, I currently work the night shift. I work 4 days a week, 8pm to 630am. Most of the time, even during the weekends, I am not outside when the sun is up. In the winter, the sun is like some imaginary object.

A bunch of us at work decided that after work, bright and early in the morning, we would start going for walks. We all have some weight to lose, and it gets us outside during the nice sunny weather, and of course we all need the motivation to get active.

I have to say that these walks have been amazing and exactly what I, and the others, have needed. I have lost about 10 pounds in the last month, which I'm pretty ecstatic about. I've learned that I really like going for walks, and I have come to realise that there are actual great, beautiful places to walk in my city. These walks have energized us, and made us feel better physically, and some even emotionally.

I never realised how much nature was in my city, until we started these walks. It has made me love where I live a little more.




No comments:

Post a Comment